The Fayetteville Public Library Foundation is set to begin a capital campaign this year with a fundraising goal of $23 million thanks to the approved millage increase in August to fund library operations and an expansion.
The capital campaign will:
- Double the size of the children’s library
- Add a multipurpose space for community use and library programs
- Create a new, larger teen library
- Increase the number of spaces to meet, study, and collaborate
- Add an innovation and maker space
- Add a designated genealogy, state and local history library
- Add more space to grow the materials collection
- Create more covered parking
Gifts to the capital campaign will allow the library to continue to meet the community’s demand and provide world-class services. For information about naming opportunities and other ways to get involved, please call Sarah Du Preez at 479-856-7140.