The Fayetteville Public Library Foundation has officially launched the Beyond Words capital campaign this year with a fundraising goal of $23 million thanks to the approved millage increase in August 2016 to fund library operations and an expansion.
The Beyond Words capital campaign will:
- Add 82,500 additional square feet of space
- Double the size of the Children’s Library
- Add a 700-seat multipurpose space for community use and library programs
- Create a new, larger teen library
- Increase the number of spaces to meet, study and collaborate
- Add a Center for Innovation that will house audio and video recording studios, a photography studio, a simulation lab, virtual reality lab, fabrication and robotics lab, and editing suites
- Add a 16-station Teaching Kitchen
- Grow the materials collection by 25%
- Create more parking
Gifts to the Beyond Words capital campaign will allow the library to continue to meet the community’s demand and provide world-class services. For information about campaign progress, naming opportunities and other ways to get involved, please call Roxanne Hazelwood at 479-856-7145 or visit www.BeyondWordsFPL.org.