Fayetteville Public Library selected as 2017 Green Building Legacy Award Winner by U.S. Green Building Council – Arkansas
Fayetteville Public Library has been selected as the 2017 Green Building Legacy Award winner by the U.S. Green Building Council – Arkansas. The award is one of seven given out annually by USGBC Arkansas as part of their Green Tie Leader Awards recognizing outstanding achievements in sustainability by individuals, firms and projects.
“We are honored to be chosen for this award,” said Sam Palmer, director of facilities and sustainability at the library. “As the first LEED-registered building in Arkansas, Fayetteville Public Library is proud of our legacy as an environmental leader, both in Arkansas and across the nation. As we embark on an expansion that will almost double the size of our existing building, Fayetteville Public Library will continue to lead with innovative green technologies that build a more sustainable community.”
The library’s award will be presented Thursday, August 24, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at the Green Tie Award Dinner to be held at Robinson Center in Little Rock. A total of seven awards will be presented, including:
• Green Building Legacy Award: Fayetteville Public Library
• Green Building of the Year: Big River Steel, Osceola, AR
• Innovative Design: Robinson Center, Little Rock, AR
• Innovative Residential Project: Habitat for Humanity of Central Arkansas Tiny House
• Member Firm of the Year: Baldwin and Shell Construction Company
• Kurrus Green Schools Award: Fayetteville School District
• JR Anderson Volunteer Leadership Award: Chris Cerrato, Evo Business Environments
USGBC Arkansas is a nonprofit organization committed to green buildings for everyone in the state. It has more than 300 members and celebrate with more than 200 LEED-certified buildings in the state. Each year, it presents over 30 monthly Educational Programs, offer LEED exam prep courses, organize energy code training classes and present the annual Sustainable Arkansas Conference and Green Tie Awards Dinner.
For more information, contact Sam Palmer at 479-856-7222, or email him at email@example.com.