Fayetteville residents are invited to a Fayetteville Public Library Expansion open house on Wednesday, August 29 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in the library’s Walker Community Room. A team from MSR Architects will review the latest architectural renderings and provide an update on the library’s expansion progress. Light refreshments will be provided.
The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
“We appreciate the overwhelming interest and support from the community on this project,” said David Johnson, executive director at the library. “After months of detailed planning and budgeting, we are thrilled to be able to share these plans with the community.”
The expansion will add an additional 70,000 square feet of space to the library. Demolition of the former City Hospital building is currently under way. Construction on the expanded library is expected to begin in early 2019 with a completion date of Summer, 2020. Key expansion features will include:
- Doubling the size of Youth Services
- Addition of an Innovation Center complete with audio recording studio, virtual reality room, photography studio, a simulation lab and more
- Addition of a 700-seat multipurpose center
- Addition of an outdoor courtyard and green spaces
- Increase in meeting, study and collaboration spaces
- Addition of a stand-alone genealogy and local history space
- Increase of library collections by 25%
For more information, contact Steve Litzinger at 479-856-7105, or email him at email@example.com.